Nov 4 - Dec. 15 2020. 

I am part of the group show '12x12' at the Sierra Arts Foundation, Reno, NV, where I am showing two diorama-style landscapes of Nevada, made in watercolor from recycled cardboard. 

With these landscapes, I return to depicting my natural and cultural environments by combining watercolor illustration with the use of discarded cardboard. My idea of playing with the diorama effect began five years ago when I was living in Jerusalem (Israel-Palestine) where I struggled to find creative expression with the angst of living in a beautiful place ridden by political conflict. Nevada is not, in comparison to Israel and Palestine, such a place, but it is a gorgeous natural location subject to a great deal of environmental and cultural exploitation, ongoing since colonialization.

'Sacred Land'. Price: 195 USD
'Sacred Land'. 12x12inches, framed.

'Sacred Land'. Price 195 USD
'Sacred Land'. 12x12inches, framed.