September 2018. As I reflect on the latest radical changes my family and I are undergoing at the moment, I recall my meeting of a British convert to Islam outside one of Jerusalem's old city gates a few months ago. He came to pray at Al Aqsa, but was turned away by the guards on the grounds that he didn't "look" Muslim. Together, we lamented on the tragedy of the current political etc situation, but eventually managed to cheer each other up by both remembering what our grandmothers used to do, no matter what, every day: COMPOST.

Indeed, you may not be able to change the world, but at least you can do your bit. And one very easy and simple thing you can do for the earth - and the world - is to compost. I.e. be mindful of what food you throw away and what can be used to give back to our beloved earth which nourishes us.

Realising this has been inspiring and soothing - the simple pleasure of working directly with the earth  reconnects you spiritually.

So my daily mantra is: DO YOUR COMPOST AND ALL IS COMING!!! namaste :-)))

Me happily composting, in good company.