April 14 - July 14 2018. I am joining more brilliant local artists in this super fun collective show called "Beverly and Her Stuff" at the Oats Park Art Center, Fallon, NV.

I will contribute with two pieces, inspired by my love for nature, pastoralism, dancing, and Basque and Nevadan humor.
"Ardi Txurria", Local wool on board.
"Ardi Beltza", Fabric on cardboard.
In the Basque language, Euskara, 'ardi beltza' means black sheep, and 'ardi txurria' means white sheep. The costume for 'Ardi Beltza' was inspired by my meeting and drawing the portrait of Kiaya Memeo, Basque Elkoite and founder of the innovative Ruby Mountains Basque dancing group Ardi Baltza.

My two pieces also refer tongue in cheek to Emir Kusturica's wonderfully eccentric and romantic Balkan comedy 'Black Cat, White Cat', and what it means to think outside the box and take the necessary risks of being a black sheep.

Kiaya Memeo posing for me at Elko's Western Folklife Center, February 2018. Photo courtesy of Kiaya Memeo