October 1 - November 26 2017. My show 'Life in the Holy Land' is on at the Jerusalem International YMCA. This exhibition features artworks in different media and styles: traditional realist portraits and still-lives in oil paint, and dioramas – three-dimensional scenes drawn and painted on recycled material. All works depict life in the Holy Land.

My work originally focuses on people, but since I live in Jerusalem, I have turned in addition to the question of the representation of nature, and how we see and interact with it. So I have also been experimenting with new modes of artistic expression that integrate recycled material. My main concern in this exhibit is with modernity and conflict in the Holy Land that are appropriating, re-shaping and often destroying the natural beauty and traditional ways of working with the land.


This is a small detail in one of the dioramas. I invite visitors to look out for these animals indigenous to this land!

November 5 2017. I will give a workshop at the YMCA: "Fresh Eyes on Used Material'. This workshop is conceived to tackle the need to look at our surroundings with new eyes, and to think about our consumption of objects that remain in the environment after we have discarded them. How can we avoid consuming so many things, and how we can use those things that have been discarded in new and creative ways?