October 2016: I am doing an Artist Residency in Motherhood that will last a year. ARIM is an initiative launched by the artist Lenka Clayton specially for artists who are also mothers. I find it helpful for delving into the sources of inspiration offered by the world of parenthood. Through ARIM, my work is developing in a more inter-disciplinary and multi-medial way, in which humour and play have central roles. It currently takes the concrete form of drawings and dioramas comically documenting daily life with a one and a three-year-old in the quirky and challenging context of Jerusalem, with all its sociopolitical tensions.
I will continue this residency until October 2017. I am so far the only participant of ARIM in the region of Israel-Palestine.
View of the Old - and New - City of Jerusalem (watercolour on cereal box)